Taxi Advertising Screens in Broad Carr
We’ve all seen taxis driving around with brightly coloured ads on the side and now a new addition to the taxi marketing mix is digital screens in the back.
As marketing moves on and firms look to deliver a memorable user experience this new advertising option has entered the taxi advertising market and is proving popular across a range of industries. Taxi screen advertising allows brands to really interact with potential and existing customers whilst they are otherwise undistracted – so companies have the opportunity to make a lasting impact and create a positive interaction.
If you’d be interested in learning more on how you could give a lasting impression to consumers through a new form of marketing, get in touch today… or read on for more information!
What is Taxi Screen Advertising?
It is a marketing method by which advertisers are able to communicate their brand messages through digital screens built into the back of taxi drivers headrests and situated elsewhere in the back of a classic ‘black cab’. These screen adverts can be simple animations or videos, or, increasingly, offer an interactive experience through a touchscreen. It can be used as a standalone messaging tool or as part of a wider advertising campaign – it’s a natural extension to brand marketing on the outside of taxis. Affordable and effective they are popular, cost-effective and offer a good return on investment.
What Are The Benefits of Taxi Screen Advertising
Taxi screen advertising is a really impactful method of communicating with consumers. Some screen advertising also allows for interaction with the user; creating a memorable experience that portrays the brand as an innovator and fun, in a way its competitors are unable to compete with. The main benefits include:
- Suits businesses of all shapes and sizes - it may seem that taxi screen advertising is only a marketing method for large firms with big marketing budgets to boot, but the amount of different options available actually means its an achievable advertising channel for all. It is therefore used by local, national and international brands.
- Plays to a captive audience - those travelling in the back of taxis are usually a captive audience with little or no distraction or other entertainment on offer. Often bored and wanting to be somewhere else, exposing this audience to an advert is often therefore positively received and frequently easily recalled later on. Taxis are used by only a few select audience demographics; usually with a decent degree of disposable income, so messages can be well aligned to your desired audience.
- Messages can be easily adapted and updated - as a digital form of marketing, it can be loaded and updated from a central external source. This offers a great degree of flexibility to businesses – the ability to change screen messaging on certain days, at different times of the day, in different taxis or in different geographic areas. Should anything major happen that doesn’t fit well with the branding (for example, something politically or anything news-worthy that may render your content insensitive or irrelevant), it can be immediately changed and updated across all of your taxi fleet.
- Numerous options available for all - those advertising on taxi screens are able to choose from several options available when it comes to marketing on them. Basic animations can be created and played on a loop, or for those with a higher budget available, a full video. If your firm already has a TV or video campaign available, such footage can be transferred over and uploaded within minutes.
- Ads can be gamified - for brands really wishing to make an impact and leave a meaningful impression with consumers, interactive screen options can be created and installed. Whilst the fleet numbers for taxis with touchscreens are fewer, these are undoubtedly the best way to move your marketing to experiential and really invest in something innovative.
Get a free quote
Costs of Taxi Screen Advertising - Factors to Consider
Billboard Advertising offers so many varieties of taxi screen advertising that there truly is something to suit all budgets. The exact cost depends on many factors, including:
- The fleet being used – the number of taxis within which you’d like your ad/s to run, also where in the country they are.
- The type of ad – a static picture, basic animation, video, or full interactive touchscreen campaign can affect the cost.
- How long your ad will run for - will it be available 24/7 or only at certain times of the day? Also the length of time - one week, two weeks, a month etc.
- How often your ad will be updated – are you changing the graphic it to suit different locations and/or times of day, or just leaving it static at all times?
In order to obtain an accurate and relevant quote for your campaign, speak to our teams to discuss your brand’s requirements, aims and ambitions and we can put together a campaign that is suitable for you.
Taxi Screen Advertising Summary
Taxi screen advertising is adaptable and innovative; it is, therefore, something not many consumers may have experienced before. As a result, it’s often received favourably by those in a captive environment with no other distractions. It works brilliantly as a way to target an audience who are often of social demographic groups with decent degrees of disposable income. Even if taxi screen advertising isn’t already part of your marketing plans for 2020, why not consider it and try something new? It may just work in your favour.
Frequently Asked Question about Taxi Screen Advertising
- “With have done standard taxi advertising – branding the outsides – but never the inside on the screens, do you think both together would work well?” There is no doubt that both are highly effective in their own right and it depends on what message you are trying to get across, we would suggest that standard taxi advertising is great to get your name or brand “out there”, but with a screen advert you can perhaps give more information as the audience is captive.
- ‘Are there taxi advertising screen options all over the country? As a relatively new form of marketing it is not available in all taxis but most large cities have good coverage, there is particularly good coverage in Brighton, Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Manchester, Leeds and London.
Contact Us - Billboard Advertising UK
Contact us to learn more about where your taxi screen ad could feature – from John O Groats to Land’s End!
Contact us today