Bus advertising is a popular way to get your brand, goods and services noticed at an affordable price.
Our professional and experienced outdoor marketing teams can help plan your advertising campaign, so whether you are looking for specific routes and locations, or something on a national scale, we can help find solutions and options suitable for you and your budget.
One of the most utilised forms of public transport in the UK, it's easy to see why advertising on buses is employed by a range of advertisers from a diverse range of industries; it has a proven track record of success and there are a variety of options to consider.
For more information and free quotes simply drop us a message today and we will be in touch.
A recommended minimum spend is £3000 to have a decent impact.
get a quote
Why Choose Advertising on Buses?
Advertising on buses is a very popular marketing method and has been for many years, due to the number of people who see these ads on a daily basis; this includes people who use them, but also pedestrians and the general public.
Buses travel through villages, towns and cities across the UK, all day every day, whilst many major towns and cities also run "night services" - so basically your adverts can be seen pretty much all day, every day. This means they offer fantastic value for money in achieving mass exposure. They are used by local and national companies, whilst also being popular with major international brands and major films. In light of that, they get booked up in advance so early planning is recommended.
Most of the bus companies regionally are franchised and so knowing who to deal with can be tricky, however, at Billboard Advertising, we work with these companies every day and so can make the process simple, getting you amazing rates and the routes you require.
Bus Advertising Options
They are lots of options to consider when looking to add advertising on buses to your marketing mix. These options include:
- Bus sides - basically advertising on the large strips on the sides of buses.
- Bus backs - these are small posters positioned on the back of the buses, mainly seen by cars and vehicles behind.
- T-sides - these are a form of bus side ads, essentially forming a T-shaped poster.
- Cove adverts - these are posters inside buses, normally near or above the seating of the bus passengers.
- Ticket receipt advertising - simply marketing messages put on the back of tickets for bus passengers to read.
If these options are of interest to you and your business, contact us today and we will send over more information as well as a free quote for your consideration.
Request a quote
How Much Does Bus Advertising Cost?
Advertising rates on buses varies depending on a number of factors. These typically include:
- The number of buses - obviously the more buses you choose to have, the more expensive it will be.
- Type of ads - as listed above, the various options are priced differently. Essentially the larger the ad, the more expensive, so a T side ad is more expensive than a cove one.
- Location - where in the country you want your advertising campaign. Typically large towns and cities are more expensive than smaller ones.
- Length of cycle - basically how long you want them to stay up for, cycles are normally 2 weeks minimum.
These variables are discussed and covered in more details on this page here.
What Are The Main Benefits of Bus Advertising?
There are many benefits to advertising on buses which is why it remains a popular medium for so many. The main benefits of this form of advertising include:
- Mass exposure - driving over mass areas and reaching into communities, a bus advert is seen by many, meaning exposure to your ads is great.
- Hits a cross-section of society - as above, the reach means that buses can be seen in a huge range of areas and by a true cross-section of society - different demographics, ages etc. as well as a pre-determined target audience.
- Seen by passengers and passerby - buses are seen not just by passengers but mainly by the general public on the streets and on the roads - whether you use a bus or not, you are likely to be susceptible to the adverts.
- Value for money - the mass reach as mentioned, at a reasonable price, means that bus ads offer both values for money and return on investment.
- You can choose routes - in some instances you can even request key routes or depots, to make this form of mass marketing more targetted.
- Lots of different options - as outlined in the section above, there are lots of options to consider which means bus ads can be adapted to suit most industries and messaging.
- A hugely popular mode of public transport, many people prefer buses - simply; they are used a lot all over the UK, which means the "opportunity to see" your bus advert is high.
- They run all day every day - buses are always running and in light of that, your campaign can always be running too!
If you'd like more information on any of the above or would like a free quote drop us a message today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bus Advertising
- “Can you put a figure on how many people see bus advertising across a campaign? I know with some forms of advertising it can be estimated how many million people are likely to see it, can the same be done with bus advertising?” A good question, with some forms of advertising such as TV, radio or newspaper, it is easy to estimate how many million people (or less) are likely to see your advert based on viewing figures. Outdoor advertising and bus advertising is more difficult and it can be dependent on times of the year, which bus fleet you are using and which specific routes the buses are on. That said, depending on these target audience figures can be calculated based on passengers numbers as well as how densely populated certain areas are. It is also a fact that many million people use buses, and even prefer buses to other public modes of transport.
- “Is bus advertising in bigger towns and cities such as Manchester and London more expensive than smaller towns?” Generally, yes, the bigger towns and cities will have a greater opportunity to see, and this can often be reflected in higher rates.
- “Does bus advertising work for local companies as well as bigger brands? We are a small company and unsure if this form of media is good for us, or if we will be drowned out by larger brands but in the last week we have seen competitors using them, so we are interested”. Yes, the beauty of bus advertising is that it can work for most, especially if you are a local company, you can basically have a bus driving around your locale promoting your company and brand.
- "How much is it to advertise on a bus?" Costs vary depending on location, time of year and which type of advert you are looking to run.
- "Is bus advertising effective?" Yes, it is. Many million people prefer buses as their form of transport, using them every day. Exposure to the users, as well as drivers and pedestrians, means it has high levels of exposure and subsequently great return on investment.
Other Transport Marketing Options Offered By Billboard Advertising UK
As well as bus advertising there are other transport marketing options to consider which could work to complement your bus ads, or as suitable alternatives, these include taxis, trucks and advans. As well as actual transport ads, other options which can hit a similar target audience include adverts at bus stops and train stations.
For more information on bus advertising or any other form of out of home advertising, contact us today.
Our teams will talk you through the various options to suit your requirements and budget, depending on where you are and what you are looking to achieve.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Topics covered - bus advertising [POSTCODE], London bus, cookies used.