Bus Back Advertising
Bus back advertising is a popular and effective form of outdoor advertising in the UK.
It involves displaying advertisements on the back of buses, providing businesses with high visibility and exposure to a wide and diverse audience.
With the UK's well-developed public transport system and high levels of bus usage, bus back advertising provides an excellent opportunity for businesses to build brand awareness and generate high levels of exposure.
Benefits of bus back advertising:
- Affordable: Bus back advertising is an affordable form of outdoor advertising that can be used by businesses of all sizes, from small local businesses to large national brands.
- Wide audience reach: Buses are used by a broad and diverse audience, including commuters, tourists, students, and shoppers. This means that bus back advertisements can reach a wide range of people, regardless of their age, income, or demographic.
- High visibility: Bus back advertisements are highly visible and can make a lasting impression on viewers. This is especially true for full-wrap advertisements, which cover the entire back of the bus and can be seen from a distance.
- Targeted advertising: Bus back advertising can be used to target specific geographic areas and demographics. This can be useful for businesses that want to reach a local audience or promote their products or services in a specific region.
- Flexibility: Bus back advertisements are easy to remove and replace, which makes them a flexible and adaptable form of advertising. This allows businesses to change their messaging, target different audiences, or run multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Impactful messaging: Bus back advertisements offer a large canvas for advertisers to create bold and impactful messaging that can capture the attention of viewers and make a lasting impression.
- Increased brand awareness: Bus back advertising can help businesses to increase their brand awareness and recognition, especially if they use consistent messaging and branding across all advertising channels.
- Measurable results: Bus back advertising campaigns can be tracked and measured using metrics such as impressions, clicks, and conversions. This allows businesses to evaluate the effectiveness of their campaigns and make data-driven decisions about future advertising efforts.
Types of bus back advertising:
- Full-wrap advertisements: Full-wrap advertisements cover the entire back of the bus and can provide maximum visibility and impact.
- Partial-wrap advertisements: Partial-wrap advertisements cover part of the back of the bus and are less expensive than full-wrap advertisements but still offer a high level of visibility.
- Super rear ads: Super rear ads are placed on the upper section of the back of the bus and can be seen from a distance.
- Mega rear ads: Mega rear ads cover the entire back of the bus and also wrap around the sides, providing maximum exposure and impact.
- Digital bus back advertisements: Digital bus back advertisements use LED screens to display dynamic, eye-catching content that can engage viewers and generate high levels of exposure.
The process of booking a bus back advertising campaign in the UK is relatively straightforward. Advertisers can work with a specialist bus advertising agency, which will help them to identify the most effective advertising options, design their advertisements, and book the advertising space. Alternatively, advertisers can work directly with the bus companies themselves to book advertising space.
One potential downside of bus back advertising is that it can be subject to restrictions and regulations. For example, bus companies may have specific requirements regarding the size and format of advertisements, and advertisers may need to obtain permission from local authorities in order to display advertisements in certain areas. However, these restrictions are generally manageable and should not deter businesses from considering bus back advertising as part of their marketing mix.
Regulations and restrictions
- Size and format restrictions: Bus companies may have specific requirements regarding the size and format of advertisements, which advertisers must comply with.
- Permission requirements: Advertisers may need to obtain permission from local authorities in order to display advertisements in certain areas.
- Ad content restrictions: Advertisements must comply with UK advertising regulations, which prohibit certain types of content, such as false or misleading claims, offensive language or images, and inappropriate or harmful messaging.
- Coca-Cola's "Share a Coke" campaign: In 2013, Coca-Cola launched a bus back advertising campaign that featured personalized bottles of Coke with the names of individual consumers. The campaign was highly successful and generated significant buzz on social media, helping to increase brand awareness and sales for Coca-Cola.
- Nike's "Find Your Greatness" campaign: In 2012, Nike launched a bus back advertising campaign that featured images of everyday athletes accompanied by the tagline "Find Your Greatness." The campaign was highly successful and helped to position Nike as a brand that celebrates and supports all types of athletes, not just elite professionals.
- The National Lottery's "Life-Changing" campaign: In 2016, The National Lottery launched a bus back advertising campaign that featured images of lottery winners accompanied by the tagline "Life-Changing." The campaign was highly successful and helped to promote the idea that playing the lottery can lead to life-changing opportunities and experiences
Despite these potential challenges, bus back advertising remains a highly effective form of outdoor advertising in the UK. Many businesses have used bus back advertising to successfully promote their products and services, build brand awareness, and generate high levels of exposure. Some notable examples of successful bus back advertising campaigns in the UK include.
In conclusion, bus back advertising is a highly effective form of outdoor advertising in the UK. It provides businesses with an affordable, flexible, and impactful way to reach a wide and diverse audience, build brand awareness, and generate high levels of exposure. By working with a specialist bus advertising agency or directly with bus companies, businesses can create effective bus back advertising campaigns that deliver measurable results and help them achieve their marketing goals.