Telephone Box Advertising in Astwood
With the rise of the mobile and smartphones, very few of us still use old-fashioned telephone boxes as we used too. This leaves their usage and subsequent phone box advertising in Astwood as often underrated, forgotten and seen as a form of outdoor advertising from days past, however, you couldn't be more wrong.
Phone boxes are still popular and actually enjoy a higher-than-expected level of usage in cities, busy towns and villages, often found on main high streets. However, more significantly they are now going through something of a regeneration.
Yes, gone are the days when phone boxes were simply used to make phone calls, nowadays, they are often multi-functional, acting as Wi-Fi hotspots, cash machines, post boxes or parcel delivery and collection points. This means that despite the telephone boxes themselves seeming quite dated, using this form of advertising has fairly new, exciting and dynamic options. Yes, they are back; which in turns means phone box advertising in Astwood is back too, with bigger and better options than ever.
If you are interested in using phone box advertising as part of your marketing campaign drop us a message today and our highly experienced teams will be in touch with free quotes and more information.
What is Phone Box Advertising?
It is basically using the internal and external parts of a phone box to advertise on.
The most popular form of advertising is the ‘wrapping’ of the exterior (this is also sometimes known as ‘kiosk advertising’). This is where printed cards carry images and marketing messages placed on them, placed on panels built into the door or walls of the phone kiosk or box. They can also be put onto plastic wraps (with small holes within) so that people in the kiosk can still see out.
Phone box advertising in Astwood can also include marketing options within the inside as well, placing your advert onto a digital board affixed to the one opaque size of the structure. Sometimes there are also digital screens where marketing trailers and images can also be played out.
get a free quote
Benefits of Telephone Box Advertising
There are many benefits including:
- Great locations - it has a key advantage over many other out-of-home advertising channels in that they are at eye-level and often on busy high streets – the public are already looking at them, rather than having to look up to see a brand’s message on a higher billboard. They are also presented to both potential and new customers in easily accessible locations, where it is hard to avoid them such as street corners. BT phone boxes are quite the tourist attraction for those visiting the UK from abroad (and are well photoed as they are so iconic), so keeping your ads bright and vibrant will help increase the chance that your ads will be visible and even shared across social networks.
- Cheap advertising medium - as it is still so under-used, it’s a cheap method of spreading marketing messages in Astwood far and wide for little cost. They make for a great brand awareness tool with high performance in recall tests. They subsequently deliver a fantastic return on investment compared to other mass marketing channels.
- Targetted - despite being a mass marketing technique primarily, it can also heavily targeted and can work on location proximity, hitting a specific target audience. If you have a physical bricks-and-mortar premise, you can direct consumers to it, or you can change your messages to tailor them to the location.
If you think this form of out of outdoor advertising could work for you, simply drop us a message today and we will be in touch with more information for you to consider.
Cost of Phone Box Advertising in Astwood
As with all out-of-home advertising options, there are various price options, dependant on variable factors. These include, but are not limited to:
- The number of ad placements
- The size of placements
- The locations of placements
- The time period for which the placements will run
- Additionally, the time of year can also affect the price - Christmas, Easter, Mothers etc time tends to be more expensive
For more in-depth of costs visit our billboards costing page.
Get a free quote
Phone Box Advertising Options
The options available to you in terms of phone box and phone kiosk advertising may depend on your local area or the locations that you’re looking to advertise in. There are digital and interactive phone box kiosk options available, but these aren’t overly common, and so you may need to stick to standard brand ‘wrapping’, but this needn’t be a negative!
Getting creative and using a clever, recognisable and memorable advert can elevate your marketing communications from just a poster to something more special – and more importantly, more shareable. If you can make a memorable impression with those who see your ad, they’re more likely to share it onward on social media or to tell others; and word of mouth is an onwards marketing tool that’s free!
Just because phone boxes are being used less and less for their primary function doesn’t mean that using them as an advertising medium is dated.
There are actually over 40,000 across the UK that can be used. This under-utilisation makes for a great value-for-money option when working through your brand’s advertising strategy: and one that’s ignored by many, giving you a competitive advantage against competitors and other brands. This cost-effectiveness means it is often teamed with other forms of outdoor advertising such as bus stop advertising and roadside poster advertising.
Frequently Asked Questions About Phone Box Advertising
- “We are considering phone box advertising as part of an overall outdoor advertising campaign we are putting together, what would you say are the main benefits of phone boxes?” Phone boxes and phone kiosk advertising are a type of out-of-home marketing that many are at first more nervous of. We think this is because many people view phone boxes as an unsightly blot on high streets up and down the country. It is fair to say that they have neglected over years but they are now making a comeback – with charging ports and being general information hot spots. For that reason, phone boxes are both growing in popularity and achieving an impressive return on investment. Although it is difficult to precisely hit a target market, their positions on high streets and in positions of high footfall make them a worthy addition of any outdoor advertising campaign.
- "What are the advertising phone box options?" They are varied and can include digital screen options inside to wrapping an entire phone box with printed vinyls.
Summary of Phone Box Advertising
An under-utilised marketing channel, it is low-cost and low-effort but delivers robust results. Our end-to-end marketing and communications services at Billboard Advertising will help you use this marketing medium in the best way possible for your business and target audience, ensuring your growth and brand development.
Get in touch with us to discuss how telephone box advertising could best work for your company.
Topics covered – telephone box advertising in WR3 8. advertising phone and target audience.